Monday 8 December 2008

Mikoláš Den

December 6th is Saint Nickoles Day in the Czech Republic. And because my dad isn't going to be here for Christmas we celebrated it then. So we ate the big meal, opened presents, took pictures, did all those Christmas things. It was nice, but it felt weird because no one else was celebrating it.

I got a Capo for my guitar FINALLY! I can now play Love Story by Taylor Swift the right way. =] And I don't remember anything else I got at this moment. haha must've not been so important. The whole point of christmas has never been the gifts for me anyway. Its just been the atmosphere. That's by far my favorite part.

At church on Sunday this guy walked in and walked right up to the front in the middle of the sermon and knocked one of the advent candles over and put it out. Then he kept on walking and out the door. Our pastor flipped but tried to keep his cool. He continued with the sermon and everyone else was SO distracted. Turns out he's some guy who actually GOES to our church. He's bipolar and doesn't feel like he should take his meds. So... I don't really see that as an excuse. It was just really interesting.

So that was my weekend in a nutshell. I also went to the christmas parade, and went to Daves Taverna.

2 comments:

emilyrae said...

That guy who knocked the candle over and I must be related.

Rutty said...

hahaha oh i would love to see you do that